List of Words Misused in English ... Continued
18. Beneficial (Useful) : Exercise is beneficial for health.
Beneficent (well-wisher) : People chose a beneficent king to rule over them.
19. Bear (endure) : He could not bear such a heavy loss in his business.
Bare (not covered) : Do not go out in the sun with your head bare.
20. Bale (bundle) : He stole two bales of cotton.
Bail (security) : He was set free on bail.
21. Berth (a place to sleep) : I got reserved two berths in the train.
Birth (to bear ) : She did not know the place of her birth.
22. Bridal (relating to marriage) : She wore her bridal ring.
Bridle (rope to control an animal) : The rider took the bridle of the horse in his hand.
23. Beat (to give beating ) : Do not beat the poor animal.
Beet (a vegetable) : Beet is a vegetable and is used as food.
24. Brake (to stop a vehicle) : He applied brakes to stop the car.
Break (split into pieces) : The boy could not break the log of wood.
25. Beside (on the side ,near) : She sat beside her husband.
Besides (In addition to) : Besides students their parents also attended the meeting.
Check More Words on below Link :
Students are advised to comment, if they have any doubt about the article.
Learning tip : Practice makes a man perfect. Do revise these words.