Wednesday 4 September 2013

English Grammar Lesson - Exercise Fill in Blanks in sentences ---- Based on use of Pronoun in sentences



Following sentences are related to proper use of pronouns in sentences.


Exercise No. CS 3.

Choose word / set of words out of the given options and fill in the blanks in following sentences.



A. I …………….(1.Which/ 2.Who/ 3.Whom) am your captain, will lead you.   

B. We always like boys …………(1.Who/ 2.Which)  speak the truth.   
                         
C. It was ………….(1.he/ 2.him) who rescued the child.

D. All except……………..(1. She/ 2. Her ) attended the meeting.

E. You and……………..(1. I/   2. Me ) are the best friends.

F. His brother is  not as rich as………….(1.he/ 2. him).

G. He is a man………………..(1. which/   2.whom) you can trust.

H. He…………..(1.who/2.which) does his best shall  be praised.

I. A lady ……………..(1.who/2. whom) I know nursed the child.

J. Most people get ………….(1.which/ 2. what) they deserve.

K. He …………(1.who/2.which/3.whom) is merciful, shall meet mercy.

L. She is a woman  in …………(1.who/2.whom)you can confide.

M. …………..(1.who/2.which) of you has done this?

N. ………….(1.whom/2.who) did you wish to see?

O I gave that book to the man……………..(1.whom/2.who) I met there.

P. We arranged a party at our residence and they at ...........(1.their/2.theirs)

Q. The little girl did her home work and her sister did ......... (1.her/2.hers).

R. The students went out for a picnic with ..............(1.their/2.his) teacher. 

S. My brother bought some books for me but he did not give...........(1.those/2 that) to me.

T. Yesterday when  I went to the market, I met an old  friend of...........(1.mine/2.me) there 



  Answers:


A.2  .B.1.  C1.  D.2. E.1. F.1. G.2  H.1 .I.2. J.2. K.1. L.2 .M.1 .N.1. O.1. P. 2. Q. 2. R 2. S 1
T.1.














       (  Do write/email your comments or your suggestions for any change/improvement  )







(COMMENTS/SUGGESTIONS SOLICITED.  SEND/eMAIL)



No comments:

Post a Comment